• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contest/Design Off Idea

iSign

nah... I'll wait. Seeing as you are waiting too... rules are a good thing.

(I might make an unofficial entry though :wink:)

Pat Whatley

How about two more? I want in too....if you don't let me in I'm gonna pitch a fit and leave. Cappy'll take me in. Or I'll just sit in the back with Doug and heckle the people who entered.

Can I make a voting suggestion? I think there should be a run-off among the top three or four or five. There always ends up being one or two votes for 90% of the entries because people vote for themselves (naturally). I say open voting for a week or so to narrow it down, then vote again for a winner. Just a suggestion...since I'm not in charge of the voting it won't make more work for me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cptcorn

adad
How about two more? I want in too....if you don't let me in I'm gonna pitch a fit and leave. Cappy'll take me in. Or I'll just sit in the back with Doug and heckle the people who entered.

Can I make a voting suggestion? I think there should be a run-off among the top three or four or five. There always ends up being one or two votes for 90% of the entries because people vote for themselves (naturally). I say open voting for a week or so to narrow it down, then vote again for a winner. Just a suggestion...since I'm not in charge of the voting it won't make more work for me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm in favor of this...

Joe Diaz

Sure we can do this. The top 5 will move on to another poll and we will vote again after the Christma... * ahem* I mean the holiday season:ROFLMAO:.

Does anyone object?

ChiknNutz

Oh good...I get to be in a design contest with Joe Diaz. That's comforting. :)

(that's a compliment BTW)

Oh, like you've got anything to worry about! BTW, lovin' the shirts! I heard Jen pesters you a lot, hope she's not annoying you?

S

Sign-Man Signs

Nice...Wish I had the same interest when I needed help designing a logo for our Purple Heart Vets. Priorities, I guess. Have fun all.

ericmitchell29

Just an update for you all,
I'll be extending my font special for a bit longer, it seems there isn't as much interest as I initially thought.

I wish I would have known this before I bought that new Harley out in my garage today.

Sheesh.

iSign

Nice...Wish I had the same interest when I needed help designing a logo for our Purple Heart Vets. Priorities, I guess. Have fun all.

Well, you have to realize that the level of interest here is inversely proportional to the level of pressure & that would be pretty low, meaning a spoof contest to make something that needs to appeal to no one, using decidedly humorous parameters... that is so much NOT like work, that the level of interest is high & the pressure is low.

You have elected to climb the uphill battle of establishing a new charitable foundation, at a time when even the most noble of causes has to realize that the concept of charitable organizations has suffered some reputational blows this decade. This is not at all implying anything other than selfless volunteer service from you... but you have chosen a path that will require a lot of hard work. It is honorable of you to choose that, but folks here are often here as an escape from their work day. We all have made our own choices regarding charitable donations or service.

I think it will be a disservice to yourself & all the good that will come from your project if you harbor a negative feeling when people choose not to give.

Joe Diaz

Well, you have to realize that the level of interest here is inversely proportional to the level of pressure & that would be pretty low, meaning a spoof contest to make something that needs to appeal to no one, using decidedly humorous parameters... that is so much NOT like work, that the level of interest is high & the pressure is low.

You have elected to climb the uphill battle of establishing a new charitable foundation, at a time when even the most noble of causes has to realize that the concept of charitable organizations has suffered some reputational blows this decade. This is not at all implying anything other than selfless volunteer service from you... but you have chosen a path that will require a lot of hard work. It is honorable of you to choose that, but folks here are often here as an escape from their work day. We all have made our own choices regarding charitable donations or service.

I think it will be a disservice to yourself & all the good that will come from your project if you harbor a negative feeling when people choose not to give.

True dat.

Sorry to hear about that Sign-man. I must have passed over your thread. I do apologize. If it's not too late, is there anything I can help you with. send me a pm. Maybe I can help you out this weekend.

But I think Doug hit the nail on the head here. I just wanted to create something fun for us as a community to be apart of. I wasn't aware of your contest, I hope I didn't steal any wind behind your cause.

futuredcon

I have this font available in my store for $129.99 plus tax and if you act now I'm running a seasonal holiday special where you can get all my other great fonts added for another $128.99 each.

Don't miss out.

Deal expires in 3 minutes.

Thanks
Eric

Very funny post , made me laugh.

TonyHoles

True dat.

Sorry to hear about that Sign-man. I must have passed over your thread. I do apologize. If it's not too late, is there anything I can help you with. send me a pm. Maybe I can help you out this weekend.

But I think Doug hit the nail on the head here. I just wanted to create something fun for us as a community to be apart of. I wasn't aware of your contest, I hope I didn't steal any wind behind your cause.

I will admit it that if the title of the post doesn't catch my eye as I quickly skem the new posts I end up missing it. I wish I had the time to read all of the post here.

I am always willing to help others with a design or to just give a different point of view. Sorry I missed that post but glad I found this one because I can certainly see some funny chit coming from this contest in the near future.