• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dave Drane...

Deaton Design

wow, I cant hardly believe this. I met Dave on the other board many years ago, and we've been friends ever since. Such a great guy. Very sad...

Bigdawg

Just Me
I had the absolute privilege of meeting both Dave and his wife Liddy when they were in the States a couple years ago. I still have the gifts they gave me that day. I am at such a loss as I sit here crying - Dave was such a wonderful man - my birthday buddy. It won't be the same without him and my heart goes out to his family. They are in my prayers.

Steve C.

Sad news. I missed the chance to meet him when he was visiting Ft. Worth
last year because of prior engagements. There are just no words.

Border

"Give me a good old fashioned whiskey any day.:rock-n-roll:"

Dave's last words of wisdom here on Signs 101.

Cheers Dave! You seemed like a good soul indeed, though I never had the chance to meet you.

Whit

Had the Pleasure of meeting Dave and Liddy a few years back,,,
a Real People Person,,, He will be Missed,, one of the Good Guys,,
Condolences and Prayers to his Family for Their Loss !!!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Big blow to the craft of signage... been reading his words of wisdom for around 14 years on Letterhead and here, this is heartbreaking.

Rest in Peace

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Also met Dave and Liddy a few years back at a Signs 101 get together during the Orlando Expo. He was a gentleman and a talent whose contributions to this community will be missed.

GypsyGraphics

what a terrible loss to our Signs 101 family this...
i've never met or spoken to Dave personally... didn't need to to love the guy!
so for those lucky enough to have met him in person... my heart goes out to you,
for the heart-breaking loss i can only imagine you are feeling.

truly a sad sad day

Techman

WOW.. I'm shaken to the core.
He and his family and his brother's family spent NEW Years together with my family in Slidell.

We planned to meet again in OZ. RIP dave.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sad news for sure.

Based upon his contributions here and what he had to say…. There was much moret to him than just being a sign-painter.

He will be sorely missed in many a circles, I’m sure.

Condolences to his family and close ones.

:Australia

SignManiac

Rest in peace Dave. All I can say is, that in the moments before his demise, he was happy doing something he really loved. Of all the ways to pass, only the lucky ones go while enjoying their passion.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is one of those things that can leave one wondering ... The Mrs. keeps a clip-on Koala pin given to her by Dave on the sun visor in our car. When we left the house yesterday to go out to eat, she noticed that it had fallen off the visor and was on the floor.