• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 Coming Soon

Charlie J

Any more updates on flexi 10?

:help

If anyone has some specific info that you don't care to post feel free to send me a pm.

visual800

Ill let this version of flexi pass me up like the last 4 did. Ive never been one to "jump at new releases". I use flexi and I think its awesome!

My problem is if you had to try and upgrade all your comps, operating systems, software hell you'd stay broke, ill stay back here on 6.6 and enjoy the view from afar

CS-SignSupply

Upgrading from any version prior to 8.5/8.6 is simply saving you money now by getting the 10 upgrade for free. Essentially, you are upgrading to 10 for the price of upgrading to 8.6.

For those of you that are at 8.5 or 8.6, they have not forgotten about you and something will be offered once 10 is released in Sept.

Upgrading is not for everyone, as you said Visual800. If it works and you do not need any improvement, stay where you are. I am of the belief that staying up to date pays in the long-run. Investing in the right technology can improve any sign/print/engraving shop out there... efficiency, added features, faster output, etc.

I have been told that the Mac version will be released with the PC version. I hope this is accurate and comes to fruition.

If you bought an upgrade to 8.6 in June, give me a call and I will be happy to "go to bat for you". No promises, but I will pull out the bat and try.

CS-SignSupply

Once the release notes are available, I am sure it will show more than just these three items. But, I do understand your point and stance.

Upgrading may not prove viable or needed for everyone.

For me, upgrading from CS2 to CS5 isn't worth it either... as much as I use the software.

Big House Signs

Well I got 8.6 back in the spring and I wish I had just stayed with 8.1. Will the flexi 10 be able to import a pdf or an eps with out turning everything to squares...or showing white masks? As it is now when we get those type files we open in photoshop at 300 dpi and then import to rip. The rip in flexi is ok, I willsay...like it better than the raster link.

paxas

I received an email from you guys about Flexi 10, so deleted it as an obvious HOAX, or Phishing mail.
Why would they release a version 10 and not 9 just because this is 2010..... So this would mean the next subsequent release will skip to version 12.

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

Hoax??? Flexi 10 will be released in September as stated on the manufacturer website. Saintl.biz

Why would I send a hoax email as merchant member here also paying for ad space ?

CS-SignSupply

:)

Even as I an authorized reseller of the product, I have no clue what happened to version 9... Earlier this year I was told a new version was in the works and hoped to be released near the last quarter of 2010... I assumed that would be version 9...

And what happens when one ASSUMES ?

Oh well

SAS

52 post and not one showing the latest and greatest that Flexi 10 will do. Just buy now you'll like it.
Well I guess if one of the beta testers or resellers did post the new stuff everyone would see it's not worth upgrading.

Kemble

Who cares about number sequence?

Microsoft Office (1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 3.0, 4.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010)
Microsoft Windows (1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, ME, NT, XP, 7,)

Kemble

52 post and not one showing the latest and greatest that Flexi 10 will do. Just buy now you'll like it.
Well I guess if one of the beta testers or resellers did post the new stuff everyone would see it's not worth upgrading.

Apparently you didn't read Steph's post #23.

Hey everyone,

Yes, the rumors are true!! Flexi 10 is coming! This new release is all about focusing on increasing production and getting those dollars flowing. Here is a taste of a few of our biggest, baddest features:

-Nest contour jobs that are added to Production Manager
-Ink Estimation
-Smooth shadow
-Nest per vinyl color

I for one can't wait for Flexi 10 as I will utilize the nesting of contour cut jobs though Production Manager. All of my jobs are repeats of single filed items at 30+ at a time.

CS-SignSupply

The current promotion is offering you a Free upgrade to version 10, if you upgrade to version 8.6.

You are paying for the 8.6 upgrade and you can opt to install version 10 if you want.

The version 10 is simply a bonus, if you want to upgrade to 8.6.

When version 10 is released, an option will be available to upgrade from 8.5/8.6

SAS

No Kemble Apparently you didn't read my post, I said SHOW US.

If you would reread my other post I replied to Steph_Stamm and ask her to show the smooth shadow.

bjones

I'm still waiting on the version of Flexi where they support people that buy the current version and not leave them hanging with buggy software while they work on the next big version to grab a grand out of your pocket for. I have flexi 8.5 but ended up dropping back to 7.6 because the support and updates to fix bugs just weren't there. I can't run anything seriously and be constantly fighting crashes, memory overruns etc. Some dumb thing with the manager gives constant "out of memory' errors that crash the whole damn thing and nobody has any better answer than pay us to upgrade. Crashing is not a feature that needs to be upgraded. The answer can't always be 'upgrade', it needs to be fix the damn bugs now and make me want to upgrade.

CS-SignSupply

Sorry to hear you had trouble with the Flexi software. There were several updates to the 8.5 release that did resolve some issues. Did you ever install 8.6v2? You will need to get the install DVD to do so. If you don't have one, and want to try, let me know and I will get one to you.

Every system is unique and I would be intrigued to find out what is causing your issues. Was your dealer any help to you?

Give me a call or PM when you have time, or if interested. I would be happy to review your problems and at least take the time to see if I can figure them out for you. I will need at least 30-45 minutes of your time.

LittleSnakey

What happens if you upgrade from 8.6 to Flexi 10 and you have problems, can you go back to 8.6????

Cause when I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.5, 8.1 didn't work anymore. I then had problems opening some rather large files in 8.6 but when I brought them to a friends shop with 8.1 they opened fine. Luckily it was only a few files and I found a work around.

Thanks
PS I really want to upgrade