• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 Coming Soon

CS-SignSupply

Yes you will be able to go back to 8.6. However, if you design in version 10 and save as native Flexi 10 format, you will not be able to open the file in Flexi 8.6.

In this case, you can design and save your Flexi 10 files, while also exporting as a Flexi 8 format.

Then if you choose to go back to 8.6, you will be able to open the version 10 files that were exported as 8.6

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Here is a taste of a few of our biggest, baddest features:

-Nest contour jobs that are added to Production Manager
-Ink Estimation
-Smooth shadow
-Nest per vinyl color...

If those are the biggest and baddest new features, keep it.

If you people haven't added the ability to publish the X and Y distances between the registration marks you automatically add to print and cut jobs, you haven't done squat. You already know what they are, all you have to do is display them somewhere. That and diddling your human interface so that it acts predictably 100% of the time instead of most of the time and being able to marquee select nodes just on the selected object rather than every node on every object in the marquee. Amateurs.

Nesting stuff and ink estimation are, for most people, useless bits of nonsense. I already know how much ink I have and I know how much ink a job will take. Nesting is for those that are afraid to waste the odd square inch of vinyl.

Whatever a smooth shadow might be may or may not be interesting. If you mean a faded transparent drop shadow ala Corel, Adobe, etc. it's about time. If it's some other concoction, keep it.

paxas

Printplus option

Regarding the Smooth Shadow etc -what is this option for "printPlus" mentioned in the list of new features for FlexiSign 10 (facebook screenshot) ?

Steph_Stamm

Regarding the Smooth Shadow etc -what is this option for "printPlus" mentioned in the list of new features for FlexiSign 10 (facebook screenshot) ?
Hey Paxas - we've slimmed down our product line and removed the Print & Cut level. Now we have the following levels:

-Pro (advanced design, RIP & Print and cut package)
-Expert (advanced design and cut package)
-Sign (design and cut)
-Letter (basic cut package for text layout)
-Designer (Design-only, no output)

For Sign and Expert we're now offering an additional PlusPRINT option, which will add the ability to RIP & Print. We do have an upgrade path worked out for customers who currently have Flexi Print & Cut. They will receive Flexi Expert with the PlusPRINT option.

P.S. Sorry I've been a little MIA for a while. We've all got our heads buried in this release! :)

Steph

Steph_Stamm

Will the flexi 10 be able to import a pdf or an eps with out turning everything to squares...or showing white masks? As it is now when we get those type files we open in photoshop at 300 dpi and then import to rip. The rip in flexi is ok, I willsay...like it better than the raster link.
Hey Big House - good question! We also have a "Link PDF" feature that will import a linked PDF file so that all color properties, objects, and effects will be retained as designed. You can still add contour cut lines, objects and text to the image.

JeremySI

i havent used flexi for that long and only use it for cutting but i definately feel as though their current line should have been worked on before putting out a whole new version and collecting thousands off it

copythat

Still on Flexi 5

I am still running Flexi SE It is doing all we need. Nesting would be the only thing we would like as an upgrade. Presently, nesting in Illustrator & Photoshop. I guess we will upgrade one of these years!

LittleSnakey

What happens if you upgrade from 8.6 to Flexi 10 and you have problems, can you go back to 8.6????

Cause when I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.5, 8.1 didn't work anymore. I then had problems opening some rather large files in 8.6 but when I brought them to a friends shop with 8.1 they opened fine. Luckily it was only a few files and I found a work around.

Thanks
PS I really want to upgrade

Yes you will be able to go back to 8.6. However, if you design in version 10 and save as native Flexi 10 format, you will not be able to open the file in Flexi 8.6.

In this case, you can design and save your Flexi 10 files, while also exporting as a Flexi 8 format.

Then if you choose to go back to 8.6, you will be able to open the version 10 files that were exported as 8.6

I realize you can save down to the last version but SAI burns out the usb key making the old version unuseable. How can I go back to 8.6 if 10 does not work?

signgal

I'm running 7.6v2 and never upgraded because I was hearing a lot of complaining about colors and profiles acting crazy in the newer versions. I didn't see anything that made it worth the risk to upgrade. Now, I'm just thinking if I allow too many upgrades to pass me by, upgrade will no longer be an option. But I still have that nagging hesitation in the back of my mind about the print colors. The ole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage I guess... Did anyone experience anything like what I'm talking about?

LittleSnakey

I like the print quality I get from 8.6 but have only used 8.1 and 8.6 for printing never 7.6, and 8.1 couldn't run the VP-540 so I used versaworks when I had 8.1. Now we are using a summa to cut with so versaworks is out of the question for printing.

I'm running 7.6v2 and never upgraded because I was hearing a lot of complaining about colors and profiles acting crazy in the newer versions. I didn't see anything that made it worth the risk to upgrade. Now, I'm just thinking if I allow too many upgrades to pass me by, upgrade will no longer be an option. But I still have that nagging hesitation in the back of my mind about the print colors. The ole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage I guess... Did anyone experience anything like what I'm talking about?

CS-SignSupply

What happens if you upgrade from 8.6 to Flexi 10 and you have problems, can you go back to 8.6????

It is best to have only one version of Flexi installed on a single computer. If you upgrade and install version 10, it is recommended to uninstall version 8.6.

If you choose to go back to version 8.6, you will need to uninstall 10 and reinstall 8.6 using the password you have for 8.6.

Upgrades are not refundable.

LittleSnakey

Even if I wanted to load both or go back I can't, cause the USB key gets Burnt out when I upgrade...... Understand?

That is why it kinda sucked when I upgraded last time and was unable to open old files and unable to reload software to open them. Luckily I had a friend with 8.1.

It is best to have only one version of Flexi installed on a single computer. If you upgrade and install version 10, it is recommended to uninstall version 8.6.

If you choose to go back to version 8.6, you will need to uninstall 10 and reinstall 8.6 using the password you have for 8.6.

Upgrades are not refundable.

CS-SignSupply

If you have the black USB key with Green light, the key will be "updated" for version 10 via the Password... They key will not be burned out.

If you have the older purple usb dongle, it will be terminated.

LittleSnakey

Thanks that helps make my decision easy. I have the key with the light.

If you have the black USB key with Green light, the key will be "updated" for version 10 via the Password... They key will not be burned out.

If you have the older purple usb dongle, it will be terminated.

paxas

That's a relief , just installed win 7 64 bit ( running 8.1) but saw some info about 8.6 only supporting win 32 bit !