• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 Coming Soon

phototec

Flexi 10 will ship?

Just received confirmation that your Flexi 10 will ship today Brandon.

Hey Bobby, what happened to mine? first one week, then two weeks, now three weeks, and still nothing. You said you would send me an email a week ago, still waiting?

phototec

Will tech support be hable to handle any install issues?

Will tech support be hable to handle any install issues? They moved from the east coast to the middle of the country, released all their experienced tech and sales people.

NOPE! I had a major install issure, called SAi, emailed them and over a month later still no responce from them. That's no way to run a high $ software company.

I upgraded my Flexi Pro 8.1 and installed the Flexi Pro 8.6 upgrade on Sept. 9-18-10, which I purchased in August.

Then when I launched the software, the launch screen comes up, but then when the application starts loading all you can see in the boarder frame (blank in the center, you can see the desktop thru the frame), than in the lower left corner of the frame you can see the loading progress loading fonts, plug-ins, then when it gets to the ADOBE PLUG-IN FOLDER APP.EXE, the application stops loading and freezes, up in the top left corner of the empty application frame, it says "NOT RESPONDING".

Anyway, I called SAi and left a phone message for someone in the tech support department to call me back, also sent a email request on their website for someone to contact me about the problem, and to my surprise, NO ONE has ever contacted me. So, this being my first experience with this software company has left a bad taste in my mouth, I don't have a good feeling about there tech support at all.

If it wasn't for the good folks here on Signs 101, I would have NEVER got the Flexi Pro 8.6 to run on my computer. A special thanks goes to Techman, for his help.

I didn't get any help at all from Flexi (SAi), none at all. They DON"T reply to emails and don't return phone calls.

Not to bore anyone with the details of what was causing the freezing issue, and how it was fixed, but if you want to know or think it could help you, see the Signs101 post below.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70740

JS

waiting for help from SAI tech - Good Luck

If your waiting for help from SAI tech support i really wish you good luck. You should plan on being down for sometime. To bad there is no real compitation with flexi to make them provide better support.

choucove

While we have had difficulties in the past with tech support and questions from SAi, we have received rather quick support recently on an issue that I posted a question about here online with this forum and no one else would respond to...

Only a couple weeks ago one of our designers was experiencing issues with the Flexi design tools not displaying properly to use. No one else on the forum even replied to the issue listed, but within 24 hours I had received a message from Steph Stamm with information about the issue which she had received from the technicians at SAi and a couple things to try and fix the problem, which did work.

You can't say that SAi doesn't ALWAYS drop the ball because it just isn't true. It depends upon how you go about getting information to them, I guess, and try all you can to approach the issue calmly and politely and not in an absolute rage.

Being in the computer support business myself I know how difficult it can make things to try and solve an issue for someone who is absolutely out of control or irate compared to if they are relaxed and polite. We understand that when things aren't working right that the natural reaction is to panic, but it can go much smoother and quicker if you can remain civil.

CS-SignSupply

Hey Bobby, what happened to mine? first one week, then two weeks, now three weeks, and still nothing. You said you would send me an email a week ago, still waiting?

Jonathan,

I have been in contact with Graphix Direct and I will get you a password today. You can download the software from the following URL http://www.flexisign10.com

Once I have the password from SAI / Graphix Direct, I will get you a disk on its way.

CS-SignSupply

Steph,

Thank you for the video link... it clears up a lot of questions and gives everyone a chance to make a more educated decision.

All-Star Signs

I know exactly what Sublimefly is talking about with the rounded corners. If you distort the square with rounded corners it will make the rounded corners look off. I don't think though that is what he is talking about. If you make a square say 18" x 18", do not apply any rounded corners yet. Then stretch your square to say 18" x 36" then apply the rounded corners you will see the corners will be distorted. They shouldn't be distorted unless you stretch the box after corners are rounded. I've tried Flexi 10 demo and it still does it. The only way to make it right is to do another square the new size.

Brandon708

I believe that this is an error on your part. When resizing don't resize it using the Up arrow and down arrow tab (main tab in design central). When you resize rectangles or squares with rounded corners you need to click on the tab in design central where the white rectangle (3rd tab) then resize it.

You are making the mistake of stretching it and not actually resizing it. That is why your corners are being messed up and not a true radius.

pretty common mistake.

I know exactly what Sublimefly is talking about with the rounded corners. If you distort the square with rounded corners it will make the rounded corners look off. I don't think though that is what he is talking about. If you make a square say 18" x 18", do not apply any rounded corners yet. Then stretch your square to say 18" x 36" then apply the rounded corners you will see the corners will be distorted. They shouldn't be distorted unless you stretch the box after corners are rounded. I've tried Flexi 10 demo and it still does it. The only way to make it right is to do another square the new size.

I think I answered his problem pretty well already.

Brandon708

I was able to play with flexi 10 for just a few minutes last night up until I had to tend to my 2 mo. old son.

I was skeptical about the faded shadows. I was able to do this in Flexi 7 with turning the shadow into an image then bluring it in Flexi. This worked ok when the background was white but now when the background was a color because there would be a white rectangle around the shadow (jpg).
I thought this would do the same thing in 10 but it doesn't have that problem. The shadow fades into transparent and can be placed on any color which is really cool.

I will post some more after I mess with it some more tonight.

Anyone know how I can get some better fills with flexi?

CS-SignSupply

ICC Output profiles. As units are discontinued, the manufacturer has no access to them to create new profiles for newer media sets.

One more reason to own your own profiling equipment. As long as your printer is firing, you will have, or can make, your own profiles for the very media you are using. Regardless of software upgrades.

Steph_Stamm

I was skeptical about the faded shadows. I was able to do this in Flexi 7 with turning the shadow into an image then bluring it in Flexi. This worked ok when the background was white but now when the background was a color because there would be a white rectangle around the shadow (jpg).

I thought this would do the same thing in 10 but it doesn't have that problem. The shadow fades into transparent and can be placed on any color which is really cool.

Hey Brandon - sounds awesome! Do you have any pictures you could post?