• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 Coming Soon

S11930

Will tech support be hable to handle any install issues? They moved from the east coast to the middle of the country, released all their experienced tech and sales people.

Jim Doggett

are you pulling our collective leg?

As the world's largest Flexi dealer, I'll probably get canned for this, but Photoshop is really what to use for preparing bitmaps, then place into Flexi. Even a cheap, older version, of Photoshop (i.e. 7) is the bomb. Photoshop's tools, transparency, layer effects, etc, etc. are just too good not to use if you print bitmaps.

IMHO :^)

Meanwhile, Flexi is such a great vector, text and sign production program that it and Photoshop make, what I believe, is the ideal workflow for sign shops.

Jim

Arstron

Meanwhile, Flexi is such a great vector, text and sign production program that it and Photoshop make, what I believe, is the ideal workflow for sign shops.

Jim

I couldnt agree more, except I throw Corel x4 into the mix also. I use all 3 on a daily basis. I prefer the way Corel handles a number of things compared to flexi, but most of my base design work is still done in Flexi.

I think I am going to hold off on upgrading to 10, atleast until I do a system upgrade and switch to windows 7 64 bit. There doesnt seem to be enough new features to justify the switch for me.

Steph_Stamm

For everyone that asked for a link to download and demo Flexi 10, here you go:

www.FlexiSIGN10.com

There are instructions for downloading and installing right on that page. Once you're finished installing, make sure that the "Run in Demo Mode" box is checked in the Install Manager. You won't be able to save, and if you try to print there will be white lines running through it. If you have questions you can post them here or email info@saintl.biz. Thanks!

Steph_Stamm

Will tech support be hable to handle any install issues? They moved from the east coast to the middle of the country, released all their experienced tech and sales people.

Our tech team will definitely be able to handle any install issues. Although we did lose some great members of the SAi team, we retained some of our best. We also gained some new team members that are very experienced in the industry, and have learned a lot about our specific software over the last couple of years. If you need any technical assistance, I definitely recommend giving them a call at 1800.229.9044.

choucove

Has there been any update when the Flexi 10 passwords will be released for customers to upgrade their products from 8.6 to 10? We have several new computers desperately needing to be installed and only waiting for the final passwords to be released to the vendors they said.

Steph_Stamm

Has there been any update when the Flexi 10 passwords will be released for customers to upgrade their products from 8.6 to 10? We have several new computers desperately needing to be installed and only waiting for the final passwords to be released to the vendors they said.

We have been issuing the free passwords in waves as they come to us from our resellers. At this point we've issued every free password we've been asked to. If you haven't received your password, please get in touch with your reseller so we can get that moving forward for you.

Sublimefly

Flexi Support

I was just wondering if all the problems in Flexi 8.6 are fixed in 10. In 8.6 rounding corners on square shapes never worked right after you resized the box. Support told me its my install of windows xp pro and to reinstall everything on the system. Which we did once and it didn't fix anything. Is that still an issue? I'm also wondering if Flexi 10 will support new versions of Illustrator better or even PDF files? I get lots of designs from customers that flexi imports as black boxes because it can't handle drop shadows and such, will that too be resolved? I just don't want to upgrade and still have all the same problems I have now. I wouldn't bother asking and would just try it but the demo doesn't let me output or anything so I can't really sell it to our owner unless I can output things and save some files for him to show him the results.

CS-SignSupply

I never knew of an issue with rounding or squaring corners. If you create a rectangle with rounded corners, and then resize it, the corners will be distorted. Draw the rectangle to size and then go back and select round corners if needed.

As for importing Illustrator and PDF files, send me a file and I will import it and send you screen shots of the results. Just be sure to flatten text, as I may not have the font needed.

Let me know how I can help.

Brandon708

I was just wondering if all the problems in Flexi 8.6 are fixed in 10. In 8.6 rounding corners on square shapes never worked right after you resized the box. .

I believe that this is an error on your part. When resizing don't resize it using the Up arrow and down arrow tab (main tab in design central). When you resize rectangles or squares with rounded corners you need to click on the tab in design central where the white rectangle (3rd tab) then resize it.

You are making the mistake of stretching it and not actually resizing it. That is why your corners are being messed up and not a true radius.

pretty common mistake.