• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help: where is the cheapest place to buy sign vinyl?

0igo

Hi I am new to the sign comminity. My dad however is an expert in wall murals and painted signs. He dicided to buy me a vinyl plotter and to expand his small business. He has been paying around $55 to $70 for a vinyl roll (24" x 10yards) at a local store. The brand is Hexis and it is said to last around 5 years. Its high gloss vinyl paper. As i looked online i was surprised to find that same length in paper for as cheap as $25.

What is the cheapest vinyl brand or and cheapest place to buy sign vinyl?

thanks a lot guys and sorry if this has been asked and answered on a different thread. I could not find it.

binki

I would start by looking at what your application is and then selecting the right vinyl for it. The price per roll doesn't mean anything if it is the wrong media for the job.

Start with one of the big suppliers like Fellers.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Your request in the open forum is about the same as asking how much to charge in the open forums, in my opinion. This is your first post. No offense, but have you tried the search?

I would be more inclined to answer in the premium section. It's not that much...something like 10 bucks for a month, 50 for the year. You will get your money's worth in only a couple of days.... ( depending on how you use it).

synergy_jim

I wouldn't ask for cheapest all the time.... Some may confuse you with a HACK when all you think about is how CHEAP your supplies are....

:popcorn:

DizzyMarkus

Some of the questions presented here lately have to make some wonder what folks are thinking.

Nothing against the OP but seriously you have to ask? Did you do any research before "jumping in" ? Fellers is going to be your best starting point but you will have to show you are a business-- can you do that? They have reasonable prices, fast shipping and a ton of inventory. Had you checked into stuff in advance of asking you for sure would have seen that name. I am only 2 years new and a small 2 person shop, but I would never and haven't asked for pricing or "where can I buy the cheapest vinyl". Another mentioned it all pertains to the type of install you are doing and on what.......HUGELY IMPORTANT.........Please spend some time learning, reading, and asking worth while questions. Its a pretty interesting world out there -- if your open to listening to the great folks on here. It may not always seem like its help but reread it -- it is :0)

good luck,
Markus

Techman

The instant I hear "cheapest" any more equals just one nanosecond away from pressing the end button.

I can do it cheaper.
I want it cheaper
My bro in law can do it cheaper.
Its cheaper down the road.
why cant you make it cheaper?

Last week I got a pair of shoes cheap. Now i have a frigging blister walked up on my big toe. That is so aggravating I am on a mission to ban the word cheaper from my social circle. Cheap means junk.

toucan_graphics

There are three things I learned in my life which are exponentially true in sign making:

1. You get what you pay for - Cheap is exactly that.... cheap. Low quality & low price.

2. There is a HUGE difference between price and value.

3. You cannot outproduce quality - meaning you can never produce enough cheap crap to make up for the losses attributed to that lack of quality. Eventually you will become known for sub-standard work and you will join the thousands of former sticker makers who now deliver pies for Pizza Hut.

Once you learn the difference between price and value in the sign business and you understand that you get what you pay for, you can begin to build a successful business. There is no substitute for quality that is worth the cost.

There is a learning curve in this industry and once you begin to master the philosophy, I think you will be successful.

Marlene

He has been paying around $55 to $70 for a vinyl roll (24" x 10yards) at a local store. The brand is Hexis and it is said to last around 5 years. Its high gloss vinyl paper. As i looked online i was surprised to find that same length in paper for as cheap as $25.

really? you want it cheaper than $25?

phototec

You should look for any vinyl made in China, very cheap, it just doesn't stick to good, but after all you didn't ask for GOOD vinyl, you only want the cheap stuff right?

:omg:

SIGNTIME

to save money on material you should save your used liner and line it with different colored electrical tape