• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's how I spent my weekend... building vinyl racks.

GypsyGraphics

I've been wanting to build these racks since I saw Jiarby's a few months back. Finally, with the holiday weekend, I had enough free time to knock these out.

Didn't have the luxury of a CNC router, but I think they turned out pretty nice.

VinylRacks-1sml.jpg VinylRacks-2sml.jpg VinylRacks-3sml.jpg

signgal

you rawk, little lady! I gotta hunt down Jarby's instructions... that's way better than the vinyl stickin out all over the place! Good for you, GG!

GypsyGraphics

you rawk, little lady! I gotta hunt down Jarby's instructions... that's way better than the vinyl stickin out all over the place! Good for you, GG!

Well, i didn't get a response to the pm i sent him, but there was enough info in his post to get me started.

I can give you more details if you want, i even took photos of the jigs i made to get uniform cuts.

Looks clean and easy

What are the rods ?
the rods are just 1" sch 40 pvc, with end caps. but i wanted them to match my natural wood and stainless steel cabinets so i spray painted the pvc rods silver/chrome

signage

:thumb::thumb: Now on your way to build signboy his you can stop and make me some also! That way you will have more practice when you make his:Big Laugh

GypsyGraphics

Thanks guys and gals for the :thumb:

Here are the details if you're interested. I'll add shop pics tomorrow.

While I have 10’ ceilings, the only available wall space for the tall rack was an area that had drop shelving from the ceiling, leaving just 88” to work with. So the tall rack for 24” rolls is 88” high by 6” deep, with slots for 18 rolls. I found if I went with consistent 4.75” spacing, that I could fit 50 yrd rolls just fine as long as I only had a 10 yrd roll above and below.

The under-cabinet rack is for 30” rolls, is 20” high and 8” deep. I have plenty of space if I decide to build a second under-cabinet rack, but I don’t buy a lot of 30” rolls (other than lams) since my Graphtech is 24”.

First photo: shows the holes I cut for the slot ends. I used a 1.25” bit, I actual used a jig for creating cabinet hinge pocket (from Rockler), every 4.75” on center.

Second photo: is of the miter saw set to cut at 22.5 degrees. The jig for that was just two 1x3’s screwed together to let me bring the saw down all the way and not cut beyond the hole.

Third photo: just shows the cross members. Initially I planned to have them inset like Jiarby's (for a cleaner looking) but putting them on the outside meant I didn’t have to contour it to the wall and around the concrete footing.
1.25_drill_bit.jpg PowerMiter_jig.jpg CrossMember.jpg

Last edited: