• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Houseboat sign critique

J Hill Designs

Hey guys - I never post my stuff, so here's something I'm drawing up for a friend's houseboat - let me know what y'all think...

Attachments

• beer_thirty.jpg
    beer_thirty.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 113

J Hill Designs

oh yeah crap forgot to change that...ugh

edit again: dam im stupid it's still wrong! not gonna repost it again tho...

Attachments

• beer thirty_2.jpg
    beer thirty_2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 81

Jillbeans

My ex hubby had a clock on which every hour was 5:00.
It mysteriously dissapeared.
:)
Just like he did.

OK I think the background stripes are detracting from it, along with the gradient in the font. I would try a thicker style like A&S Jiggy Roman, and also the wristwatch idea is cute. Either that or simply change the lettering you now have to white with a heavier black outline and a transparent looking drop shadow.
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

I like the start ... oh yea you can do all sorts of cool stuff with that start indeed.
The name by it self gets ya thinking

1 thing I do is put dimension on the clock and letters and panel yup since ya got all the suggestions try them too if your not in a hurry will be a great looking boat name etc.

likes the stripes but not so much contrast they should look like a pinstripe suit would

Jillbeans

Here's a sign for a dentist's boat.
Not a real one, I was just goofing around trying to show you what a nice font Jiggy Roman is.

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 94

J Hill Designs

I think some subtle bubbles would be a nice touch in the font.

Here's my latest revisions (I'll let him decide on cartoon beer vs. real beer) - I might do the bubble in the font thing - great idea blue :thumb:

oh yeah, found out houseboat is blue/white so I changed up the color scheme a bit

Attachments

• beer_thirty_two.jpg
    beer_thirty_two.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 95

Marlene

the bottom one with the cartoon beer looks the best to me. the real beer is kind of skinny looking. I like the big hefty mug and it fits better with the font as it is kind of cartoonish. looks good!