• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am working on a logo.

Wes Phifer

It is a small Mexican Restaurant. Nothing fancy. Let me have it.

Attachments

• Logo1.jpg
    Logo1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Logo2.jpg
    Logo2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Logo3.jpg
    Logo3.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 70

Joe Diaz

I like the first one the best.

I'm curious, what software are you designing these in? Do you have any sort of "Anti-aliasing" options for exporting your sketches? It might make your jpegs look a little nicer.

Marlene

number 1 looks like a good place to start. fix the kerning as it's way off on both the name and grill. I wouldn't drop the name over the word grill as there's only the first drop over that works and rest doesn't fit very nicely. if you want to still do that, go in and move the letters in the name up a little in places so it looks better.

signguy 55

I like the first the best as far as the basic idea, but neither the fonts or the colors work for me.

My wife bought some tortilla shells the other day, the packaging had a killer color combination and a "Mexican" looking font. I saved the packaging, next time I work on a Mexican Restaurant design I'll have a start.

Go to Wal Mart or the grocery store and cruise the aisles in the Mexican food section (a lot of yellows, reds, and greens). You'll see some interesting packaging ideas that will help you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Eric........ that brings up an interesting question for me.

Some time ago, a customer brought us their artwork. Believe it or not, it was a Mexican Restaurant also. Anyway, I asked him where he got the artwork and he said a friend of his made it. I knew it was clipart, but I couldn't find it so I couldn't disprove it. Since this person [might've] lied to me.... would we be in any possible danger for reproducing something we had no knowledge of it's origin ?? We can't be expected to track down every piece of clipart that comes across our desks..... can we ?? We did try to find it under different categories, but it never showed up, so we took him at his word.

Any ideas on this ??

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Eric........ that brings up an interesting question for me.

Some time ago, a customer brought us their artwork. Believe it or not, it was a Mexican Restaurant also. Anyway, I asked him where he got the artwork and he said a friend of his made it. I knew it was clipart, but I couldn't find it so I couldn't disprove it. Since this person [might've] lied to me.... would we be in any possible danger for reproducing something we had no knowledge of it's origin ?? We can't be expected to track down every piece of clipart that comes across our desks..... can we ?? We did try to find it under different categories, but it never showed up, so we took him at his word.

Any ideas on this ??

I don't believe that was the point of the original post. But no I don't think it is up to you to have to track it down, you are just the print provider. Just like you don't check to make sure the fonts used in their designs were legitimately acquired

In this case a design was posted. I can spot MS clipart immediately. He posted a logo that uses clipart. Either he knowingly did it or found the artwork elsewhere and incorporated it. I don't think you are allowed to resell the images in part or in whole in a logo. Also by using clipart you run the risk of someone else using the same art.

If you design a logo and someday that person wants to register it as a trademark you would run into trouble.

People do it all the time. I am just suggesting that it shouldn't be done. Not everyone realizes the potential issues

neato

BTW, you can get away with using clipart in a 'layout', but it get's sticky in a 'logo'.

fine line.

Jillbeans

The first one has the most potential.
Try drawing your own cacti (it's not that hard) and brightening up your colors.
I like the typestyles. They look fun and friendly.
Love.....Jill

luggnut

i don't know if its the jaggedness of the pics you posted but the designs don't seem real polished.

when you see the sign and logo on Outback steakhouse or some other large chain it has a polished look... i did a logo (that never got used) for a local mexican restaurant place and was trying to give it a large look

Attachments

• laposada.jpg
    laposada.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 81

Wes Phifer

I'll work on it some more. Those look great Luggnut. I am far behind many of you on here.

I am not sure on the Napalitos spelling. That is the way the guy spelled it to me. There is a bit of a language barrier I was working with. The way I understand is that the Napol is the cactus that has the flat disc shapes. He wanted both on types of cactus in the logo. He said the Mexican catus and the American cactus together.

GoodPeopleFlags

Better! To me, tho, the fonts really don't "match" each other. Like they're competing with each other. I like them both, so maybe try using something a little more plain in place of one of them and then the other?