• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am...

njsigns

:Welcome: Mark! I've seen your work and it's great! I love the movie Big Fish - I have it here and I'm gonna watch it again to look for your work. Are the signs you did for the movie on your website? Looking foward to your input!

Gene

Mark Fair

Thanks for the great welcome folks.

There are no pics from the movie "Big Fish" on my website.
I had to sign a confidentiality form for Sony Pictures. (No cameras allowed in the production area.)

ovrcafnatd

Hey there Mark - welcome
my husband John is a great fan of your antiqued signs!

because of you he has become a garbage picker! LOL
and has recently brought home a 6" cast iron skillet to add some future sign
;)

Geary

Holy Crap!!

Hi Mark!!

Really good to see you here! Wow! I can't believe it! I've admired your work for years in several publications. An old sign friend, Mark Otis, told me of you once in a conversation at a Letterhead's event in Denver a long time ago. So, SO glad to see another super pro letter man on board to join the ranks. :thumb:

Okay, you digital "nay sayers" of hand lettering......look at this man's work and tell me it's not some of the best stuff you've ever seen. This guy is an absolute master at the craft of signs!

:U Rock:

(where's the "we are not worthy bow down smilie guy" ? ) :tongue:

~Geary

iSign

Hi Mark.

How's that edge workin out for the new digital side of things ..you gonna make any use of inkjet technology too?

Geary said:
(where's the "we are not worthy bow down smilie guy" ? ) :tongue:

~Geary
I actually fouind one of those for a post on this forum once... I got critiqued for it, but it seemd funny at the time :rolleyes: I'll see if I can find it.

Mark Fair

Thanks Guys.

To Geary...
I ain't nothin' special! LOL
My buddy Mike Meyer makes me look like a beginner.

Mark Otis said something about me? Wow!!
If it is the same Mark Otis(one of the original letterheads) then that is a compliment, I have been a big fan of his work for many years!

Doug, I am slowly creating a market for the edge, so far so good.

Good to see some old faces here.:smile:

thanks again folks.

if anyone is interested in "antique" signs here is a quick step by step...

http://markfair.com/flyingbiscuit/stepbystep/

Mrs. Uneedasign

Thank you for that step by step Mark! Love to see old talent at work. Great advice on the paints you use and the carbon trace. Our 15 year old son started painting with acrylics and he has raw natural talent,but because he is a teenager he gets embarrassed by praise,[hides his work from friends].I'm going to show him this post and explain to him that real men paint and make a living from there artistic talents.Thanks for sharing!!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Mark, didja ever know Bill Neff? He too worked exclusively in movies towards end of his life. First was Cruise movie, I think it was called Fourth of July, last one before he passed was was that one with George Clooney as a prison escapee in the south who recorded a hit record - can't think of name of it. Bill used to put his friend's names on window signs.