• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shop logo (aka Let Me Have It)

Deaton Design

Ive been thinking about doing the same thing Mike. I like the corporate look done in alot of logos nowadays. Simple and precise and defining.
Heres one I came up with following what the other guys did.

Attachments

• signcrafters.jpg
    signcrafters.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 85

Flame

Flame,
Pretty funny that you suggest a red oval with white/gray chiseled lettering. That's been my logo for the past 12 years. The difference (admittedly a big difference) is the lettering I had to start with was some amalgamation of different scripts my dad combined in 1995. I added the logo and added the chiseled effect a couple of years later.

I'm just tired of the oval and especially tired of chiseled lettering.

Oh well, thanks for the replies. I'll come up with something.

No no, read again. I'm not suggesting a red oval with chisel, that's just what I whipped up. My point wasn't to go with what I drew, but to start thinking more towards that line....

What you have now doesn't really convey a message.... or stay memorable.

And Jill, what's squished? The script? That's cuz I didn't like how it was!!!! So many fonts come proportioned so so wrong, this not being too bad but I butcher fonts every day to make em how I like them. :)

Jillbeans

Flamey if you can't tell which font you squished you have a real problem.
:)
And I'm gonna tell my friend Arthur that you fondled his script.
Look at what Tater did. He never squishes fonts.

brian oliver

head cheese
Ooh man....if you truly are attempting to design your new logo by committee...well all I can say is I've never seen that end well.

And Jill, about your new avatar--what happened? Did someone squish your font?

Flame

Flamey if you can't tell which font you squished you have a real problem.
:)
And I'm gonna tell my friend Arthur that you fondled his script.
Look at what Tater did. He never squishes fonts.

It ain't that squished. shhhhhhhhh

And I like fondling, k?

Marco

Signmaniac's 1st takes the cake here.
But as u may already know, in my book they all look squishy cute :)))

Jillbeans

I think I just need some moisturizer.
Here are a few ideas, admittedly my creative juices have been rather dry.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 87
Thanks for all the replies. Tonight I sat down and updgraded the fonts I was considering. I picked four, and mixed and matched them. I thought if I eventually picked one of the ones with Cincinnati Poster for "Crafters," I have the option of chiseling it at some point.

Attachments

• new logo 2.jpg
    new logo 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 102
  • new logo 3.jpg
    new logo 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 96

iSign

Ooh man....if you truly are attempting to design your new logo by committee...well all I can say is I've never seen that end well.

brian clearly ain't been around here much...
I've seen "it" end well quite often... quite well, in fact...

as for this latest round...

I think the longer arrangement has more potential, & I'm hoping you would only choose one.. not try to have 1 of each..

Both Colin and Tater (Deaton) had a rule line tying things together in a third color (or 4th?) & I thought it looked good in both cases, as well as a little sprinkling of that third color elsewhere as well...

I'd still explore more fonts...