• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing left behind Adhesive...

TheSellOut

Maybe I'm just high from the Rapid Remover® but this seemed to work really well.

Spray on Rapid Remover®, let sit for a minute, (here's the tip) use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser® to wipe adhesive off.

It was just a couple of truck doors I cleared off...but it really went smooth...so I thought I would share!!

Bradster941

One thing that I’ve found that works really well after removing large panels is to spray down what’s left behind with your favorite remover till it gels into the “snot” balls when scraped with the little chisel.

Then, take dish washing soap and water in a bucket, dip a old rag, wipe down the surface.
A minute or two later, use the garden hose while wiping lightly with the rag.

TheSellOut

Maybe I'm just high from the Rapid Remover® but this seemed to work really well.

Spray on Rapid Remover®, let sit for a minute, (here's the tip) use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser® to wipe adhesive off.

It was just a couple of truck doors I cleared off...but it really went smooth...so I thought I would share!!

I must have been high because I tried this again yesterday and it did not work so good!

I just use the Rapid Remover and the Lil'Chisler. Works like a charm. After the bulk is gone I will spray with R.R. again and wipe down, then clean with soapy water or some other cleaner (I haven't had any bad chemical reactions yet...)

If you read the packaging for the Magic Eraser it says NOT to use it on vehicle paint... I know someone who did and it took the clear coat right off...

TheSellOut

As an aside... the stuff is kind of intoxicating... I try not to use it indoors too much... Starts off smelling nice -- "Oooo is that orange?" and then slowly kills brain cells...

yeah I can't stand it...always well ventilated, gloves, and mask!

Mosh

3M adhesive remover and a plastic razor blade. Has not failed yet.

Gas? Hope he is not a smoker....

signgal

I just use the Rapid Remover and the Lil'Chisler. Works like a charm. After the bulk is gone I will spray with R.R. again and wipe down, then clean with soapy water or some other cleaner

+1 My detailing pal gave me a spray bottle of something he discovered, to try. Haven't had a chance, yet. I'll let ya know.

d fleming

Been using Zep Big Orange degreaser and graffiti remover for awhile now. Works just as good as RR but at a much better price.

Goo-Gone @ Home Depot.......still gotta do a little rubbing though.

Having used Goo-Gone, Orange Clean and other cleaners and struggled to clean vehicles and signs, I just about sh*t myself the first time I used Rapid Remover. It was like the skies opened and a light shone down on me -- I swear I heard angels singing. I won't go back... even if the Rapid Remover is bit more pricey, the amount of labor it saves is amazing.

Techman

some time ago several of us tested the various concoctions of remover.

All of them loosened the adhesive turned it into snot. But removing the snot was the challenge.

The cheaper ones needed several tries to get it all off. So cheaper was not better. It took more of it to do the same work so in the long run it was more expensive. Plus it took more time.. Rapid Remover was the overall best.

That was enough proof for us.

Jillbeans

I have found the RR to work the best with the least amount of work.
I'd rather pay more for something if it actually does the job.
Time is your friend, too.
I line the floor with paper towels, spray the RR, leave it sit a little bit till it turns to glue to goo. Then use the Chizler and swoosh it down onto the paper towels.
Re-spray with RR and wipe again with paper towels, then clean with Rapid Tac.
II Jake you crack me up.
Love....Jill

Gene@mpls

A bug sponge kept in a air sealing-type plastic box with a 1/2" of RR in it will
take the residue off quickly. Has just the right amount of abrasion and can
be easily cleaned.