• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Van Wrap Critiques

ddubia

I'm thinking the list of things you do behind the logo are a bit too big. When I look at it it's like there's a headlight over there competing with the main graphic. Maybe if the list was just 90% the size it is now that may help.

All-in-all though it looks sweet! Great colors, good movement with the stripe. I like it a lot.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I would actually tilt it a little more than originally. Either tilt like you meant it...or don't tilt it at all.
The tilt of text grabs the human eye more than non tilt because it's not Natural for words to be angled.

SignStudent

Here are a few tweaks that were mentioned. I changed "call" to "call today!" to make it more of a call to action, added a steeper slant version for the logo, and made the bullet list on the right smaller.

Attachments

• SterlingVanWrapRev.jpg
    SterlingVanWrapRev.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 83

TimToad

Before long we'll all have you scrapping the whole thing and starting over. It looks really good and just needs a few minor tweaks to maximize effectiveness and reduce some competition among messages you've created.

Dump the "Call" "Call today", etc... it just muddies the message. The great Ken Millar once did an awesome article in Signcraft about legibility. He actually broke it down into seconds on how the human eye can perceive and absorb things and at what sizes text can be read at. There are "eye candy" elements we ALL put in signs to make them look better, and there are fundamental elements that should be in every sign.

I know you're going for a retro, classic look, but humans just don't think like that at 65 MPH anymore. Back when work trucks tooled around city streets at 25-30, streets were narrower and phones were in houses not people's pockets, folks needed a little prod to call.

I agree with the comment about your white services text competing with your main icon.

Jillbeans

I like it with the call today, the logo as-is, but I'd remove that laundry list from the sides completely. Put it on the back only.
(where people can read it in traffic)
It clutters the clean look.
Love....Jill

Marlene

not too sure I like it tilted again but do love the colors. unlike Jill I hate the call today as it is extra copy that serves no purpose as people know what to do with a phone number and it's more important to tell them what you do so they will know that you can do what they need. just another way of looking at it

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Here are a few tweaks that were mentioned. I changed "call" to "call today!" to make it more of a call to action, added a steeper slant version for the logo, and made the bullet list on the right smaller.

You might want to mock-up the other side of the van with this slant where the text would be running downhill. Something you want to avoid. Uphill seldom looks bad and downhill seldom looks good.

That notwithstanding, you have to decide if you want to say 'sterling SIGNS', "STERLING signs', or 'STERLING SIGNS'.

Limit that bullet list to a couple of generalizations. You have the word 'signs' listed twice, the incomprehensible to civilians 'Dimensional', most all t shirts are custom so why say it, and 'vehicle graphics' ought to be obvious to even the most casual observer.

Do something with your phone number, it's just floating out there like an orphan. Lose the 'Call' and make the area code and prefix separators the same color as the number.

nikdoobs

Sterling.jpg

This is how I would do it. The text looks like an afterthought and is not laid out well in my opinion. I don't think people ever write down phone numbers or save them from a moving vehicle. I personally have never done it. As far as your services go, your a sign company... of course you have signs/ banners/ dimensional letters/wraps. You have a great looking logo, let people focus on it. Maybe add your website, but make sure it doesn't look just slapped on there as an afterthought. I do like the idea of adding a silver line along the top of the white line.

CES020

View attachment 99630

This is how I would do it. The text looks like an afterthought and is not laid out well in my opinion. I don't think people ever write down phone numbers or save them from a moving vehicle. I personally have never done it. As far as your services go, your a sign company... of course you have signs/ banners/ dimensional letters/wraps. You have a great looking logo, let people focus on it. Maybe add your website, but make sure it doesn't look just slapped on there as an afterthought. I do like the idea of adding a silver line along the top of the white line.

Huh? A wrapped vehicle with no way for anyone to contact you? I don't agree with that at all.

You might not personally use the phone number from wraps, but I have a number of times. Just because you don't, doesn't mean other people don't. I use them, I take pictures of them walking through a parking lot, sitting behind them at a light.

I would never suggest that a customer leave off all contact details.

nikdoobs

Just because you don't, doesn't mean other people don't.

You're right. I guess I've just gotten in the routine of google searching everything now that I just don't pay attention to anything else.

CES020

You question should be "Who is the customer" and once you know that, then you tailor it to the customer. If your customers are tech savvy people that's one thing, if they are 75 year old people that need their HVAC serviced, Facebook, google, websites, and emails probably aren't the most helpful things to those people.

Just need to figure out who your customers are and target it to them.

Dan Antonelli

You could shorten the bullet list to three or four words and accomplish the same thing. Try to vary the weights of your striping elements instead of keeping uniform. Maybe start thinner and finish thicker. Or make it thick enough to run some of your copy through the middle of it.

We only deploy a 'Call' or 'Visit online' for a retro themed wrap - not for a modern one.

I would add a shade under the logo to pull it off the background a little.

SignStudent

Finally had a chance to mess with this some more. Took some advice from a couple people and this is where I'm at now.

Attachments

• SterlingVanWrapProof.jpg
    SterlingVanWrapProof.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 100