• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So let the hatin begin

racershawn

u all are just no fun the spelling stuff was all Tongue-in-cheek .... I have the same spell check as all of you.......... I did make a real mistake a few months back typed manufacture instead of manufacturer

Ponto

u all are just no fun the spelling stuff was all Tongue-in-cheek .... I have the same spell check as all of you.......... I did make a real mistake a few months back typed manufacture instead of manufacturer

:ROFLMAO:...well you sure pulled the wool over everyones eyes... was that your intent with the wrap as well???

JP

grafixemporium

Racer, I'm not gonna comment on your design work... I agree with pretty much everyone else here on that one.

I am curious about your install methods. Now keep in mind, I've been beat up a little around here because we pull the mirrors, door handles, window trim, emblems, antennas, etc off of almost every car that rolls through here. I know the pros and cons, but it's a choice we make to offer a finished product that we believe smokes the competition. Most of the people wrapping in our area simply cut around everything and leave nasty cut lines exposed. Our installs are clean and virtually seamless.

So, I'm wondering, do you intend to pull the bed off of every truck you wrap? Why did you go so far with disassembling your truck? Do you realize that when your potential customers see that, it's what they will expect on their wrap as well? I'm sure you are great at pulling cars and trucks apart, but at some point you are eating up a tremendous amount of time... and money.

We might factor in 2 additional hours for the most complex disassembly and reassembly. Most of them only add 30 minutes or so to the whole install. I would think you need at least a day to do what you've done there. Can you really afford to do that on every customer project??

grafixemporium

Perhaps something like this would have been more effective from a design standpoint...

p.s. not hating... just having a little fun :)

Attachments

• JOKE.jpg
    JOKE.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 108

Dan Antonelli

Perhaps something like this would have been more effective from a design standpoint...

p.s. not hating... just having a little fun :)

LOL. Excellent distance legibility, minimalists type approach. I'm using it in my next article :)

Not hating either... :)

Guess iStock has a photo for everything huh!!!

ProWraps

gnatt, i love your kitten fur attire. can you please give me a link on ebay as to buy such a wonderful peice of clothing? :meow:

kev3232

man, i am so tearing rigs down like that from now on! i'm pulling the bed, cab, doors, door handles, glass and any other piece of the truck that unbolts next time!!

Pat Whatley

Haven't you watched any of the customizing shows on television? The first thing they always do is break the vehicle down into individual pieces.

SignManiac

It's a variation on the customizing show, "Overhaulin". This is the new version of taking it down to the bare nads, called "Overwrappin".

EbsWeb5150

Don't Hate the Player

Thats not a bad design I like the Aurora Graphics look, It shows people a lot of different airbrush like effects you can give them i.e like the torn metal, puzzle, real flames etc.

Questions:
What millimeter material did you use for this job?
Was it laminated?

Also maybe I should start another thread or do a search
But what is the best approach to tackle a H1 Hummer full wrap.
The concaves on the doors are deep and the corners bad too rivets on the doors are gnarly looking