• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So let the hatin begin

BobM

A quick look left me with SMOKE something. Hard to read Smokin Hot and Wraps. Maybe the picture isn't clear but way to busy for me. As I study the picture closely I get it, but in the 3.4 seconds you get driving by I would have missed it. Maybe it's just the old eyes.

signgirl71

Regardless whether I like it or not, Kudos for you for getting it wrapped. I've been wanting to wrap mine for a couple years. I can design for everyone but me. I'm never happy and I wish mine was wrapped. Again...KUDOS!

Typestries

Wow! That will get you noticed! You get props for install attention to detail and your very positive attitude.

Funny thing is, the common man lookin for a wrap is gonna love it, and that will get you business. Sure, the design isn't the best, but, people will notice. Its better than driving around in a blank truck.

I'd be interested in hearing HONEST numbers from you in a few weeks, how many calls and conversions off of this rig. People here might be surprised.

laserman70

Really? Most on here are "design experts"? Have you looked through our portfolio section lately? This kind of work is typical.

You are correct Pat..
I love to watch all of the comments on here, then go to the persons gallery who made the comment. I know I am not the greatest designer, as i learn more everyday. It cracks me up with a few on here that have nothing positive to say (wont mention names). Go to their galleries and cannot believe they are even making any comment.

That truck will get you noticed.

you know i was going to say..well it's wrapped but that would be a put down to ProW because this is the ugliest piece of ... i've ever seen...and you're proud of it???? haha

there is nothing wrong with being a great installer and building your business around those skills but if you have no design skills...and it is obvious that you don't (even though you try to inject humor to prepare us...as if this was a well thought out plan).

hire a designer.

i can not understand how you can not have the discussion with yourself about how things like this will impact your business...and yes i read your 'fluff' about taking in all the input from every other wrap and disregarding it blah blah blah...but ANYONE who has even a basic understanding of effective design theory is going to shake their head and laugh at you this includes marketing managers in your area, this includes advertising agencies in your area, this includes many business owners that have studied advertising and maketing at one time or another, this includes other sign companies all of which could be potential clients of yours....

giant FAIL...and you're proud of it.... hahaha

mmorse

Nice job. It will get you noticed to those who want a wrap. Most in the market are not designers and want something that catches the eye, you've got their attention, good job!

Jillbeans

Yup, I do hate it.
While your install looks great, and you obviously are good at it and know what you are doing, the design, typography, and colors are absolutely hideous.
It looks like a magic 8 ball and a scrabble set vomitted on a pile of vomit made of chewed pizza and mucus.
It's a shame, because if you did follow a few of the rules of layout, or hire a designer, with your wrapping ability you could have had something very attractive.
Love....Jill

mark in tx

Excellent technical work on the install.

I'll try to be constructive on the design.

The most important thing to keep in mind is "The Message".

"The Message" is that you do vehicle wraps.

You get "The Message" across to people by making it easy for them to read.

Your design is not easy to read, because there is too much stuff distracting the eye from "The Message".

The front quarter panels, why does it say "Signs" when you are trying to sell wraps?
The lettering for the word "Signs" is broken up and distorted by the effects on the letters, and by the background intruding. Hard to read.

The picture of the guy wrapping the vehicle, nice concept, but poor execution.
Why is he wrapping towards the front of the vehicle? You want motions towards the back of the vehicle, always giving the illusion the vehicle itself is moving forward, moving forward is always better that moving backwards.
The guy himself has an arm growing out of his head, dark hair, dark shirtsleeve, bad idea.
Mustache needs a trim too.

Now, we reach "The Message", "Smoking Hot Wraps", you need to get yourself a real French Curve layout tool. That distortion is just not right, you grabbed the nodes and made sure to squeeze under the door handles, but it threw the curve wrong.

"The Message" is 2 different fonts. BAD!!! NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

I just can't go on, the backgrounds are just so jumbled, and don't make any sense at all.

Throw away those background fill discs, or give them to charity.

Dude, I know you are proud of your first wrap, and I know you spent a lot of time, and you even asked for help with the design, but you ignored everything you were told.

I read those threads, and seriously, you got design advice that is in reality worth thousands of dollars.

Hire a real graphic artist if you intend to be in the wrap business.

Mosh

Let me guess. Someone charged you too much for your racecar lettering so you bought one of those "wrap machines" and now do it yourself?

SignManiac

I like it! Outstanding execution and design. I just might steal your design and put it on my truck if that's ok...