• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To All of the Signs101 Family

skyhigh

Matt opened his doors to all of us last year for the first sign meet. He treated us like FAMILY. Him & Krista went "over and above"... sharing their shop & equipment, as if we were life long friends & family. Now this year, Matt contributed so much... cooking, setting up, and making sure WE all had a good time, (before his own), all the while with a smile & a laugh.

Matt was a truely exceptional man!!!!!!! One of our family.

jdb

At a loss of words here. Prayers going out to his family and God's peace at this hard time.

slappy

umm.... i'm still at a loss of words here. I can't post on anything nor look at the other threads going on. I'm angry, confused, shocked, upset, and grieving.

I talked to Gene (njsigns) and we were talking about getting a donation of some sort going.

We even talked about a yearly contribution or a Memorial Fund for the kids and Krista. One that can run and build up. Something that you can donate whenever you want to, whenever the thought of Matt crosses your mind. A month from now, 6 months from now or a year from now. If it has to be arranged at a local bank in Altoona, so be it. But I believe Krista would have to open the memorial fund. Funds for the kids to go to school. Funds for the holidays. Funds for bills if needed.

I personally feel a Memorial Fund would be great. That way, if i can drop some $$$ one month and some a few months later, it all adds up

ovrcafnatd

Kevin called me earlier to let me know
and I am at a loss. It just doesn't seem real...not possible
One of those ya know.

What a good guy he was!
I have this wonderful image in my mind -from the meet- of him
smiling at me.

All our love and thoughts to Krista and her children!!

zmatalucci

I'd help out anyway possible.
As some of you may know, I'm in the memorial business. I'm in know way trying to solicit work, but would offer to donate my lettering and setting services for free, as well as offer the stone at cost.

3dsignco

My Deepest Condolences.. I personally Have never met him But I enjoyed his Posts.. He will truly be missed.

Big House Signs

umm.... i'm still at a loss of words here. I can't post on anything nor look at the other threads going on. I'm angry, confused, shocked, upset, and grieving.

I talked to Gene (njsigns) and we were talking about getting a donation of some sort going.

We even talked about a yearly contribution or a Memorial Fund for the kids and Krista. One that can run and build up. Something that you can donate whenever you want to, whenever the thought of Matt crosses your mind. A month from now, 6 months from now or a year from now. If it has to be arranged at a local bank in Altoona, so be it. But I believe Krista would have to open the memorial fund. Funds for the kids to go to school. Funds for the holidays. Funds for bills if needed.

I personally feel a Memorial Fund would be great. That way, if i can drop some $$$ one month and some a few months later, it all adds up

Maybe when it calms down someone might be able to talk to Krista to open the fund. I think it is a great idea. This is so sad....

Vinylman

At a time such as this kind words and prayers are some of the first things that come to mind as a way of passing on our condolences to those who are left in the shadow of a tragedy such as this.
Memorial funds and gifts of money are worthy causes as well, But what must not be forgotten is the need for those who may be able to remain in contact with the family to not only say" call me if you need something", but to just go ahead and do something.

Having experienced the death of my wife a number of years ago, those things I remember most are the folks who just popped in and said "hey, can I pick something up for you, I'm on my way to the store", or just wanted to sit on the porch and never say a word {because they really don't know WHAT to say}, Just BE THERE.

Perhaps taking one of the kids for an ice cream out of the blue, because you can?

There are so many incidental yet truly meaningful things that can be done.

It is not the next few days or weeks that will be nearly as difficult as the nights coming home to an empty house, or making the painful but necessary decisions on what to do with the "things" that where part of Matts life.

Being there to support a grieving spouse at those times can be some of the greatest gifts anyone can offer.

I hope those of us that live within the area, could put that on their "Things I MUST do" list.

It will not only change the lives of those you reach out to, but it will have a profound impact on how you spend the remaining days of your life as well.

I know from painful experience of what I speak.

Craig Sjoquist

sad news indeed, ..will mis his posts,... and others have talked about much zest for life he had,... memories ...thoughts and prayers for family and friends .. a loss is never easy...but ya know he's there

jscarl

Our deepest prayers go out to the family.
Maybe it is time for this forum to organize a couple of members,to respond to this type of happening for our board members or immediate family's, and send a card and or flowers to the people. Maybe for a birth or wedding also. Possibly a donated cash fund, could be set up by the treasure of S101.

kstompaint

Although we're from the same area, I didn't know Matt well. He did bail me out once when my printer was down and wouldn't take any money. I also had the pleasure of having a beer poured by Matt a few weeks ago at the local "wing-off." He was a genuinely nice guy and will be missed on the board and here in town.

Deepest sympathies to his wife and children and, of course we are all here if they need anything.

acothran

As a newbie here, I didn't know Matt other than from his posts. I'm still deeply saddened by the news of his untimely passing and amazed at the support shown by the Signs 101 family. Prayers being lifted up.

Allen

Replicator

Jeesh, I was just starting to calm down when I read all these new posts and now my emotions are all stirred up again . . .

Matt, I know if you were on 101 now, you'd post something that would ease all of our pain over your loss . . .

Here's to you Matt . . .:toasting: