• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weigh-Ins for the signs101 Losers (the good kind!)

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
About the time this tread started I weighed 235 lb I weigh 205 now. I need to lose more for medical reasons. It's hard to lose weight even when health is an incentive.

It is nice to compete for weight loss. I took a bet with a fellow employee once and won by a long ways. I found that plateaus are a result of not getting enough minerals to meet daily requirements. When on a diet, it easy to overlook daily requirements.

Replicator

I never started this when y'all did, but I'm down 26LBS in 4 weeks and need to lose 40-50 more . . .

High protein, low Carbs . . . And gave up everything I love !

OldPaint

since rep posted, and said high protien, low carb..........i need to add to this.
as a 19 year lacto-ovo vegetarian, till april of 2009, i can agree that carbs do have a effect of your weight gain. as you body ages, metabolism slows and get used to carb high diets, you can add pounds easily and without realizing it.
carbs, have 2 basic types, COMPLEX & SIMPLE. the fast food, frozen, quick meals in a box, ARE MOSTLY SIMPLE CARBS.all of those get turned into sugars, the body uses what it needs and STORES THE REST AS FAT.
COMPLEX CARBS, are green vegetables, any and all, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage,peas, grean beans, bok choy, etc. these are all great foods for losing weight.
as of april 2009, my cardiologist told me to start eating PROTEIN BASED FOODS. meat!!!
i started out at 293, and in 2 months was 269. but eating a 1/2 a chicken at a meal, has the same effect as eating CARBS..........so i started to regain pounds. went back up to 280. since then i have decided that i eat WAY TO MUCH, and i cut down or as the old saying goes......"push away from the table." that has made a big improvement.
now, since i was a VEGETARIAN for all those years, i still dont eat beef or want to.
lot of fish, chicken, turkey & a little pork. BUT.........i also eat mainly a big SALAD, with romain/iceburg, tomatoes, cukes, shrooms, some cheddar cheese and some bread crumbs(or a few smashed crutons) this makes my main meal, with a little fish or chicken on the side.
prior to this change my blood sugar was 130, now its 107. iam dropping weight, slowly, about the same speed i PUT IT ON. this is what you want to do.

Latigo

HCG Diet Losses
Me...... 34 lbs in three weeks, holding steady at 201 (I'm 6' 1")

Lyn...... 56 lbs in 9 weeks, now at 148 and holding

Rosemary (after two years of fertility drugs weighed 164)
She's now at 127 after two round of HCG and we're right back in
the middle of poetntial anorexia with her. Off the diet for 10
weeks now and still losing. Not good.

Paul, her husband, 6'5" tall lost 38 lbs after 6 weeks. Now at 221 and
Holding.

Lizbeth (Lat's wife) lost 18 pounds in three weeks, 135 and holding.

Latigo (Did it so Lizbeth wouldnt be doing it alone) Lost 10lbs that he
didn't need to, quit after the second week because of fatigue.

I'll be doing one more round to get to 185.

signgal

well, i was quite alarmed to realize at the beginning of the month, I gained a whopping 20 lbs of my 65 lb original weight loss back. I knew I needed to get back to and did. I wasn't done losing at the 65, so, 13 out of the 20 back to the good... whew! very proud of myself for catching it and getting it back under control instead of gaining it all back like in the past, so many times.

OldPaint

DIET...........is not the answer or the fixall. you need to make PERMANENT the dietary changes and stay with them. as i have said, i make most of meals a salad, if not that then a good portion of some other green leafy vegetable.......and my PROTEIN(meat) is an addition to or with that.
good wonderful dinner: STEAMED BABY BOK CHOY, WITH PORTABELLO SHROOMS IN A BROWN ORIENTAL SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!
once you try it..................your hooked.

OldPaint

UPDATE NOV 23, 2010.
went to doctors today for regular 4 months checkup. it all good!!!!!!!!!!
weight 265..........down from 293
total cholesterol 190................down from 223
bad cholesterol..............still up there but was 142............down from 169
good cholesterol........still low but going up.
sugar 110
all blood in the norm
hopin to make 250 for xmas or new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replicator

Down 35LBS and counting . . . !

Damn Thanksgiving . . . You would have to show up at my house with all that good food tomorrow :LOL:

OldPaint

well i may as well add to this. FEB 25,2011. since dec 9th, i prety much was stable with the wieght loss TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL........DEC 28TH, when i had open heart surgery. want something to really kill you appetite!!!!!
after 3 weeks of recouping and living on CHICKEN SOUP & fruit cocktail, i dropped another 23 pounds and i started to eat all kinda crap, to stop the rapid weight loss. so now iam the same weight i was when i joined the air force in 1965...........240 pounds.
i want to see 220-225, one more time))))))))))))))

Jillbeans

I have got to get back in the swing of things.
I swear Rachael being so sick during her recent pregnancy compelled me to "sympathy eat" I now weigh 153!!!!
Once the weather warms up we are putting the baby in a stroller and going for walks.

signgal

starting a new phenomenal program (hopefully Monday)! Can't wait! Lost 65 lbs on my own and it's been a really long time since I've lost anything else. It is harder after 40!!! Anyway, I kept it off but I'm hoping this is the boost I need :D

Tim Aucoin

Well, I think it's about time I piped in here! Some of you have likely seen our posts (my wife & I) on Facebook, but others would not have!

Wendy & I started to change our lives for the better in November last year (just a short 4 months ago!). We have tried every weight loss program out there and failed. We "tried" eating good and "exercising"... and failed! I peaked out at 302lbs and ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH! It was either fate or a Godsend (depending on your beliefs), but one Saturday late in October last year, we "stumbled" upon a Franchise show here in Calgary. What we found in that show has changed our lives and is literally turning us into new people!

As of this morning, I have released 51 lbs. and lost 43.5" of body. Wendy has released 36 lbs. and lost 37.75"! :Big Laugh:Big Laugh I feel like a brand new man lately, and I can't begin to explain just how great I feel lately. Just imagine carrying around a 50lb. sack of potatoes on your back for a day... or even an hour... then imagine the relief when you finally put it down.

The funny thing is that the program we're doing is not even a weight loss program! It is a full body nutritional cleansing and fat burning program, and weight loss is just one of the many wonderful "side effects" of doing this! My mind is clearer, I have a ton more energy, I don't get tired nearly as easy, my mood has dramatically changed, and people tell me I have life and sparkle in my eyes like never before. I am no longer a slave to junk food and diet pop... hallelujah! :clapping:

Anyhow, I thought this was the appropriate thread to share this news in. I still have 40 or 50 more lbs. to go before I hit my goal weight, but the train has left the station and it's well on it's way!!!

Here's a head shot from 18 months ago... and here is one after releasing 40lbs. It's just gonna get better! I'm pretty sure you'll figure out which is which!

Attachments

• Then and now.jpg
    Then and now.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 303

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
well.... I'm 6'1", and I've been between 160 and 175 since high school 10 years ago. Tried my damndest to put some pounds on, just can't do it. Stupid metabolism!

Good luck to those that now hate me ;)

omgsideburns

I'd like to see sub 200 but I have been over 200 since I was in middle school. I hit a plateau in my weight loss around 225.

Time to update.... After being stuck in the 215-225 range for the last year or so I hit 193 this morning. The least I've weighed since I was in 8th grade.

Pretty stoked.

signmeup

Good for you Tony.
Still 5'8" and 148 lbs. Good fighting weight for me. Still train 3 nights a week, lift weights in between. Started doing 50 situps every night about 2 months ago. Use it or lose it.

qmr55

5'10" 135 here...wrestled all my life. About a year and a half ago I was consistently going to the gym every day and was up to about 150 solid on weight gainers...not anymore lol