• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you reading now?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I just finished the The Purple Cow. Now I'm reading Good to Great.

Both worth the read. They kind of fall into the same category as well. Purple Cow speaks to having great products with leads to great marketing. Good to Great speaks more to overall being a great company.

What business books are you reading? Are they worth the read?

MIMO

Lean StartUp by Eric Reis. Don't let the title fool you, you don't need to be starting your company to enjoy this one. Have a look at the first chapter on Amazon to see if it's right for you.

Salmoneye

I don't want to hijack your thread but thought that I might be able to add to it. This is a very interesting topic to me as I don't read many business management type books. What if folks added not just what they are reading now but also what business book they have read that they feel had the greatest impact on improving their business with a brief description of the read. Many might have gems but not be reading one now.

FireSprint.com

Lean StartUp by Eric Reis. Don't let the title fool you, you don't need to be starting your company to enjoy this one. Have a look at the first chapter on Amazon to see if it's right for you.

Just bought this one. Going to read it next. Thanks!

We just bought a new handful of books from ST Publishing including the new book on wrapping. We don't do wraps, but I figure the tips and tricks can apply to vinyl application situations so it's worth the $40. Not exactly general business reading, but sign business reading nonetheless.

Scott Reynolds

I'm about halfway through Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Read about 3/4 of this book. It started out ok, but the deeper I got into the book, the more red flags started popping up. My BS meter was going off. It just started to sound like a fictional book written by a drunken motivational speaker. There was something in there about insider trading. I wouldn't recommend it.

Back back to topic, its not reading, but does spending a couple of hours a night on Lynda.com count? :thumb:

Anyone needing to sharpen their CS6 skills should check it out. I just heard about it here on 101 last week and I'm hooked.

BobM

"Are you Creating Wealth With Your Business or Just Making Money" by Ted Burbank. Great book if you are looking to sell your business sometime down the road and want to develop a good foundation for your business and your future.

Gene@mpls

The Story of the Great War, Volume 1 thru 8. History of the European War from Official Sources. I am finishing Vol 3- great read. You asked...

FireSprint.com

I really liked this one. I feel like it could have been shorter, but I'm really running with the idea of MVP (Minimum Viable Product). Never thought of launching new ideas that way but it makes alot more sense.

heyskull

I'm reading Spike Milligan War Memories their are about 7 books in total.
I'm on the last one and I don't want to finish it!!!
Spike was a genius of life and comedy.

SC

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
"Wealth, Is It Worth It?" by Samuel Truett Cathy (founder of Chick-Fil-A). It's a fast read, with "chapters" (topics) only about two or three pages long.

Kudos to all who desire to maintain a high learning curve via lifelong learning.

JB

slappy

not business related... but i'll share
Setting Limits With Your Strong-Willed Child by Robert J. Mackenzie
Confessions of a Scary Mommy by Jill Smokler
If I Have to Tell You One More Time by Amy McCready

and just downloaded
Have a New Kid by Friday by Kevin Leman... ha!

Yep, didn't have terrible 2's or troublesome 3's, but experiencing fearsome 4's and i'm hoping for fabulous 5's jan 22nd! (or a new kid by friday!