• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Father in hospice

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Hello all. Not everyone follows me on Facebook so I thought I would also post my situation here.

My father is being admitted to hospice today. He has been beset with many complications over the past month and his doctors are assured that he cannot maintain a good quality of life. Too many problems and he is losing the battle

I will be saying my last goodbyes. Damn that's hard to write.

I will be flying to Florida tonight and will return on Monday afternoon. Quotes and jobs will just have to wait until Monday night or Tuesday.

I am working today to try and get my mind off of it.

Thank you for your understanding

BALLPARK

Eric, I'm so sorry to hear about your father.

Times like this allow us to see how meaningless everything is compared to our loved ones. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Billct2

I know the feeling well, it's a hard time but good to be able to be there. I also had to put my priorities straight, family first.

TimToad

Eric, I hope you can find any sliver of comfort from your supporters and friends here and out in the real world. You have my deepest sympathies and I share your sorrow over the difficult days ahead.

As a person who has lived a distance away from parents and in laws as their lives have passed, I know firsthand the helplessness and frustration it can trigger. We expect to be going through this again as my father's health continues to fail.

Only the least valuable clients and customers wouldn't understand or not be patient with whatever business disruption occurs.

Hang in there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear of this, but like mentioned, family does come first. Anyone who doesn't understand..... don't worry about them..... ever again.

Thoughts and prayers are out to you and your family and for as easy a time for your father as can be.

The day my father passed away, I didn't make it into work and one of my EX customers got all bent outta shape because I wasn't there to handle things for his truck. I had 3 other people at the shop that day, but he acted like some idiot which the world revolves around. He's long outta business and even divorced and has an empty life, so there is such a thing as Karma.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Thank you all for your kind words. He is in his mid 80's. I knew this day was coming for a few years. Living so far away is difficult but I am thankful to be able to be with him rather than never having that last chance.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I care for my aging parents, it's tough, even tougher that the time has come.

My heart goes out to you and your father. Hoping your presence will give him comfort.

Joe House

First things first, Doc. You're doing the right thing and won't regret anything that happens in the shop. Prayers are with you and your father.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Sad news indeed. And I understand the feeling only too well :(
Here's wishing you safe travels The Vector Doctor ... Might you and your family rejoice in the great times had with your father as you celebrate his life.
Best regards,

SignsSupport

SignosaurusRex

Family First Eric! Biz worth handling will wait until you return. Your most important moments are here and now with your father, make the most of it while you can. My thoughts are with you. Safe travels to you and peace to your father.