• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's an absolute new one for me, after 51 years.............................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guy came in last week, we designed his new truck layout and he really liked it. He brought it in yesterday and we did it. When it came time to pay me, he paid me and even gave me a tip. An extra $200. He loved it that much. He couldn't stop raving about it.

About 20 minutes later, he called me and said something was crooked. I said alright, bring it in tomorrow and we'll fix it right up. He said, I'm still here, come out and look at it. I went out and the thing he was complaining about was off by maybe 1/64th of an inch. I said, that's really an acceptable amount, but I'll fix it for you, tomorrow. Then, he showed me the other side and said the same line of copy was off on that side, also. I said, we'll replace them both. Then, he started repeating himself and going round & round and finally said, what.... are you f*uckin' blind that you can't see this stuff when you do it ?? You shouldn't be making signs. You're terrible. That's when I walked away. Things got loud as he started yelling all kindsa sh!t at me. I said no one talks to me like that and just went in the shop and closed the overhead door. All night long, he texted me, from 7 til about 10:30, complaining and telling me how bad I was and he's gonna ruin me and he knows a lotta people and he..... he...... he........ He's gonna sue me, take me to court and all kindsa other sh!t. I told him to remove the graphics and I'll gladly refund his money. Now comes the question part........... He wants me to remove the graphics and still refund his money. He said I did the job, it's my responsibility to remove it. I just said again, have the graphics removed and I'll refund your money. I don't wanna ever see that truck in my shop ever again, nor do I wanna see you. We are finished. Thank you.

So, should I be responsible for removing what we did ?? If I remove what I did, I'm breaking my own contract of putting on what he asked for..... even if he thinks it's crooked.

Later he texted me that I used all different colors and was not consistent. He sent me a photograph. It was in the shadows and the dumb jerk, didn't realize it. I mentioned to him that the color of his truck was also different colors because of the same shadows.

Either on drugs or needs to change his meds to a better dosage. :help

......................................There's a lot more in this story, but I didn't wanna bog an early morning read up for you guys and gals.

Gino

rjssigns

He signed the contract and you did the worked that he raved about. Then suddenly he doesn't like the job? Sounds like he has ummm..."issues"

As far as his rant you can tell him social media works both ways.;)

gabagoo

I think this guy has bi polar issues. The guy gave you a %$#$ tip!!! 1/64th of an inch? seriously? Something wrong with the guy. Not sure what I would do in this situation.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Note to future Gino:
Don't do graphics for people on bath salts.

Remove the graphics & give him the refund - take lots of photos of the vehicle and the guy. Double lock your shop at night and maybe change your phone number & email address.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
care to post some pictures to show us what he found crooked? i had customers where they wanted me to follow a body line that was crooked as hell and I had to explain why I have to make the text straight relative to the car not just that body line. problem with removing the text and giving his money back that if you manage to put a single scratch on his car he will want you to get the car repainted because of it. It's unlikely that someone would bitch about even a 1/8 crookedness...

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
care to post some pictures to show us what he found crooked? i had customers where they wanted me to follow a body line that was crooked as hell and I had to explain why I have to make the text straight relative to the car not just that body line. problem with removing the text and giving his money back that if you manage to put a single scratch on his car he will want you to get the car repainted because of it. It's unlikely that someone would bitch about even a 1/8 crookedness...
I absolutely hate driving by a car with crooked graphics. WE talk about it ALL THE TIME. you have to make them visually straight.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I absolutely hate driving by a car with crooked graphics. WE talk about it ALL THE TIME. you have to make them visually straight.
I had a guy who came back to our shop yelling and pulled up crooked on our slanted driveway and whipped out a water bubble level and put on the bottom of the text and i was like.... are you serious?!?!?! :D

letterman7

Yikes. Yeah, that's a new one. Generally if someone tells me something's crooked I'll break out the tape measure and show what I went off of (rocker panel, door crease, whatever). That usually satiates them. In your particular case, I'd take the loss. Remove the graphics (after taking a lot of photos for possible future issues) hand him his keys and see ya.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ha..... he wouldn't let this truck in our shop with the keys and he wouldn't let it overnight. He's just plain weird. I'm taking the hit of not getting paid anything, but no big deal. I only spent outta pocket about $42 for a 24" roll of green vinyl. I ended up doing the majority of it, as Larry couldn't really work on it. He hadda leave very early, yesterday. So, it's basically my time, which essentially is free.

I didn't want that thing in here, cause I know I would've been blamed for some scratch, blemish or whatever afterwards.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I already locked the front door and closed the inner door. I'll tape the money out there around 12:30. He sent me another text..... well about 15 texts this morning, about no hard feelings, just he felt he didn't get what he wanted. I already saw the new design. Basically what I'd drawn up, but they added all kindsa stupid bullsh!t to it. Now it looks like a little kiddie's tonka truck.