• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi I'm new to this site

margie

Have joined this site because I have a Roland SP-300V. My business has been doing signage and logo design for over 25 years. Have just downloaded the manual via your site for which I am very grateful but when I tried to enter service mode it locked me out saying service mode is protected. I'm trying to check out the sensor in the cut carriage because I am getting a pinch roller error even though they are in the right place.

Does anyone know how to override service mode protection?

Thanks in advance... Margie Galliver
Design Works Pty Ltd
Somerton Park:U Rock:
Australia

iSign

welcome to the site!

I have a suggestion.
Folks here really appreciate introductions like you just gave so that was nice to read... thanks...

As for your Roland question, I'm suggesting you write a second post, because it's such a specific question you could post "override service mode protection on SP-300V" right in the title, posted in the Roland forum.

The reason is that a lot of people breeze through here, glance at the topics, open a few if they can help or learn... and then rush off to get busy working again... and the new member welcome threads are pretty easy to just overlook if you are busy staying busy...

but if someone reads exactly what you need to know in the thread title, then if they know the answer, they will help for sure...
-
-
-
now watch... by the time I hit "submit" one of these roland hot shots may have already come through for you... but maybe not & it's really not a bad idea, so I'll go ahead and suggest it even though this time you may be helped out soon enough anyway...

Gabriel

Hi and welcome from Romania!

Is your error "Invalid pinch roll error left or right position"? Than you have a problem with the cable card connecting the cutting carriage with the scan board. The cable card must be replaced.
Regards,

Joe Diaz

My brother who maintains our Roland just calls our Roland tech and they told us at one point. We wrote it down somewhere but I can't seem to find it. If I do, I will PM you. In the meantime, you may want to check with who you bought the machine from. They may or may not tell you over the phone. My brother said it's like a konami code.:Big Laugh

Good luck and welcome to the site.

jwhite

Hi im new too, but welcome

Konami code? up down left right a b start. only a gamer will remember that classic code
but dont try that on the printer

Joe Diaz

Hi im new too, but welcome

Konami code? up down left right a b start. only a gamer will remember that classic code
but dont try that on the printer

Actually it's up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. :Big Laugh
But I bet if your printer had an "a" "b" and a "start" you would be curious to see what it did, wouldn't you?:Big Laugh