• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roofies!

Jon Aston

Thank you GP - and iSign.

Jilly, not my intent to be a thread pirate, or to be presumptuous... apologies. Love you and want to see you get ahead, is all.

XOJA

RebeckaR

I have front porch envy. Your house is so cute.

And yeah..... what GG said, where's the pics of the roofer?

Techman

I wish I had jillies roofy too..

It looks wonderful.
Just a small point about my comment.

Years ago I remodeled my lobby. Put upscale shepards carpet, fancy paint and $200.00 waiting room chairs.
RT Thomas also airbrushed a painted theme onto the walls. I upped my prices by a considerable amount for the very next new client and then all the rest after that. Not one ever balked ever again.. I got to the highest prices in town for one of my business's.

Jillbeans

They are doing the soffit now, it looks so nice.
The gutters arrive on Wednesday.
I am also going to get the guy to re-side my office using the rest of the roofing material.
I promised them cookies this week so maybe I can get a few pix for our Sign Gals thread.
Not sure about those snow thingies though I know what you mean, and I will ask the guy about grounding issues.
Will ask the accountant about the tax discount, I was wondering about it.
Jon no problemo I always listen to your advice.

ova

Good looking roof. Metal always looks better than the shingles.

I think you should inquire about the snow guards for your roof. I figure your location is close enough to me and you experienced the heavy snowfall from last year. Unlike a shingled roof, when the snow starts to melt, it will slide down the metal roof in sheets. This may put undo pressure on your new gutters causing them to bend or even worse pull away from the house. The snow guards will help prevent this some, but not all the time.

Dave

signgal

Looks like a postcard, hon... Congrats! I know that feeling. Wish I were there to share a blender of margaritas with ya :thumb:

Attachments

• Jill's roof.jpg
    Jill's roof.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 80

Jillbeans

Yeah I just wish my yard looked like a golf course!

Some soffit shots and also some pix of the hellacious downpour we had on Saturday night!
Glad the gutters will be up soon.

Attachments

• r10.jpg
    r10.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 85
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 80
  • r12.jpg
    r12.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 90
  • rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 96
  • rain2.jpg
    rain2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 104

B-RAD Graphics

:thumb: Love it!! funny everytime I go up into the mountains that is all you see is metal roofs...It seems so logical..Leaks ..NOT..unless a bullet goes thru it!! Will last way longer then any shingle..

Mosh

Standing seam metal roof for a house that size would be $50-$60 K. Notice no screws showing.

The roof looks good.

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

Jill, so did the rain sound great on your new roof?
It really is amazing the difference that roof makes! Metal roof aren't something I see in my neck of the woods.