• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Pics!

Tim Aucoin

I've spent the last month or so (when time allowed) re-arranging the work-flow in my shop now that I've sold my offset press and it along with everything offset related is gone! I moved my office out to the production area to be close to everything... I like it much better. My business partner is now alone where we both used to be! My "old" office area is now our new kitchen area!

Anyhow I thought I'd share a bunch of pics. The quality isn't the best, as I took them with my phone. I'll get my good camera and wide lens in one day and do some better ones when I clean up a bit more and de-clutter. I've still got a bit of work to do, but it is always a work in progress. :smile:

Just an FYI... our copy center where all the digital copying is done is upstairs on the main floor of the building we're in. This area is in the basement of the building...

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 146

Marlene

it's nice to set things up the way it works for you! good for you for taking the time to do that. I bet it makes your day a lot easier.

Do you have plans for those large vinyl racks? I'm particularly interested in how the bases are made and what keeps them from being rickety.

Tim Aucoin

Do you have plans for those large vinyl racks? I'm particularly interested in how the bases are made and what keeps them from being rickety.

Actually, I purchased those racks. When at ISA last month, I discovered www.yellotools.com They have some great stuff, including these racks. All of their stuff is made in Germany. They have a distributor in California who I order from (and who was at the show). The rack on the right (TreeMax Easy Reach) shipped directly from Germany. The other one (TreeMax) was in stock in California.

They are great racks, very, very well built. They use top notch casters, so it is effortless to move them around. They actually come with 2 fixed casters and 2 swivels, but I prefer them to be all swivel. The company sent me 4 free swivel casters so I could replace the fixed ones. Great service! Yes, they are expensive racks, but in my opinion, well worth the money for what I got. Keeps 99% of my vinyl & medias off the floor and out of the way. I also love the speed clips for holding the rolls vs. tape. :thumb::thumb:

An after thought to mention... The TreeMax Easy Reach is a fixed width rack. Mine is for 54" Rolls. The TreeMax uses bars, so it accommodates a variety of sizes.

Tim Aucoin

Wish I was that organized. Looks good!

Thanks for the compliment! It's funny, because I don't feel very organized yet! I hate clutter and I still need to figure out a few things to de-clutter cabinet tops and especially my desk! My next step is to trade in my SP 540v for a 54" cutter. That should happen this summer!

Mike F

Actually, I purchased those racks. When at ISA last month, I discovered www.yellotools.com They have some great stuff, including these racks. All of their stuff is made in Germany. They have a distributor in California who I order from (and who was at the show). The rack on the right (TreeMax Easy Reach) shipped directly from Germany. The other one (TreeMax) was in stock in California.

They are great racks, very, very well built. They use top notch casters, so it is effortless to move them around. They actually come with 2 fixed casters and 2 swivels, but I prefer them to be all swivel. The company sent me 4 free swivel casters so I could replace the fixed ones. Great service! Yes, they are expensive racks, but in my opinion, well worth the money for what I got. Keeps 99% of my vinyl & medias off the floor and out of the way. I also love the speed clips for holding the rolls vs. tape. :thumb::thumb:

An after thought to mention... The TreeMax Easy Reach is a fixed width rack. Mine is for 54" Rolls. The TreeMax uses bars, so it accommodates a variety of sizes.

Thanks for sharing, gonna have to get some of those speed clips, just switched to rubber bands because tape was leaving a residue and showed up on prints but these seem even better. Those horizontal racks are pretty sweet as well.

HulkSmash

awesome shop. but.................... 870 for those media holderS? I can make those for about 70 bucks... that price is nuts

gabagoo

it's very oraganized to me...and clean. I have so much trouble keeping the place clean. Bits of vinyl and debris constantly on the carpets. hard to stop them from moving from the garage up to the front.
I am very impressed with your array of big squeegees.

Tim Aucoin

it's very oraganized to me...and clean. I have so much trouble keeping the place clean. Bits of vinyl and debris constantly on the carpets. hard to stop them from moving from the garage up to the front.
I am very impressed with your array of big squeegees.

Thanks Gabagoo! I do need to do something with my walls though. They're full of holes from various things I've had hanging over the years! I'm going to print vinyl one day and cover them up! I would really like to print an outdoor (serene) summer scene... or a beach scene! Definitely something with sunshine in it, as being in the basement, I don't see sunshine all day unless I venture out!

I love my big squeegees, so I had to show them off! :Big Laugh

Tim Aucoin

awesome shop. but.................... 870 for those media holderS? I can make those for about 70 bucks... that price is nuts

I didn't pay that much... I got show special pricing. The TreeMax Easy Reach was 559 Euro (about $730 CDN) and the TreeMax was $528 U.S. $870 is for the top of the line, max size. The prices vary depending on what you get.

But....
$70 bucks?? Really? :omg: I'll have to take some detailed pics for you and have you make me a couple more then! I'll pay you $150 each plus shipping... but they gotta be the same quality! I'll post detail pictures later today or tomorrow! Thanks!!!:rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb:

By the looks of all those Big Squeegees.... you have a lot of employees, but I didn't see a single sole in any of your pictures.
Did you kill them all off ??

Tim Aucoin

:thumb:

By the looks of all those Big Squeegees.... you have a lot of employees, but I didn't see a single sole in any of your pictures.
Did you kill them all off ??

Actually I did! :omg::ROFLMAO: It's myself, my business Partner Bruce (who does a lot of the quoting, deliveries and customer relations) and our two staff who run the upstairs copy shop and help out in bindery. As far as anything Wide Format, Gerber, sign related, CD/DVD publishing, Plastic Card printing or Custom Stamps... that's all on me! We run a lean shop here! :rock-n-roll:

mortil

Nice workshop and lots of fun machines :D

The speedclips are wonderful. ive got lots and lots of them. Yellotools is a nice website.