• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So now that Mother's Day has passed, what did you get for yours?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Every year we get a plant.... one for my mother and one for my wife's mother and we plant them somewhere on our property in their memory.

Father's Day... we just have a drink or two or three.......... who counts.

Jillbeans

Isn't Mother's Day long gone in the UK?
It did creep up on me this year.
I just get my mom a nice card, she is 84 and what she mostly needs is some attention.
Every bathrobe or fancy blouse she's gotten are still hanging with tags on up in her closet.
Love....Jill
PS
I did go to her condo on Saturday to put down "mulsh" as she calls it.
She bought ONE bag.
I ended up going back to Lowe's two times for a total of four more bags, she kept insisting we wouldn't need any more. It was worth it, even though my back was sore and my hands were dyed red, and I'd had to spend time in a big box store amongst the Weekend Warriors. Twice.

Tim Aucoin

Everyday is Mothers day for my mom (or so she says)! Last year we bought a larger (bi-level) home so mom could move in with us (it was Wendy's idea!). We took possession last December, and other than one little incident, we get along amazingly well! Mom was lonely at the retirement "home", and it was costing us a fortune, so this worked out better for everyone. :thumb: Our puppies especially love her company while we're at work.

We're also taking her to see that "Body Worlds" exhibit this Saturday. She's wanted to see that since she heard about it. Gonna be kind of creepy and interesting all at the same time!

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers on here!!! :rolleyes:

signgal

Everyday is Mothers day for my mom (or so she says)! Last year we bought a larger (bi-level) home so mom could move in with us (it was Wendy's idea!). We took possession last December, and other than one little incident, we get along amazingly well! Mom was lonely at the retirement "home", and it was costing us a fortune, so this worked out better for everyone. :thumb: Our puppies especially love her company while we're at work.

We're also taking her to see that "Body Worlds" exhibit this Saturday. She's wanted to see that since she heard about it. Gonna be kind of creepy and interesting all at the same time!

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers on here!!! :rolleyes:

Good for you! Tried that route with Mom-in-law, learned her language and everything... success? yeah, not-so-much. I certainly value my own Mom more, now. She says I'm her best friend and I was born on Mother's day so she insists I was her best Mother's day present! She still gets a card and big deal made over her every year.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
hell, i'm going to a meat drawing with my mom saturday...we drink and buy raffle tickets that go toward a kids fishing contest...by the end of the night we're usually pretty sloshed....and sunday i'm going shopping with my sister-in-law cause i need to buy a dress (i'm NOT happy about this shopping excursion)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My mom died two weeks ago Mosh. Think about it. . . .

This is so true. For those of you that still have your parents.... please be grateful. I'm sure with Moshputz.... it's the other way around.... she doesn't speak to him, but it's still a sad thing when family members... especially mothers or fathers don't communicate any longer.

There will come a day, when you regret some things.... don't make it about some stupid incident that only takes a talk and some sobs to get you all back on track.