• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange request/celebrity photos

CanuckSigns

A friend of mine is getting married in the fall and her maid of honour has contacted me with a strange request. She is wondering if I can make them a life size cutout of either David Hasselhoff of Chuck Norris for the bacholorette party (i don't even want to know why) My question now is, does anyone know of somewhere that has photos like this that are high enough resolution to blow up to life size?
I'm not going to be selling this, just looking to help out a friend.

Thanks

CanuckSigns

I understand the copyright issues, I would be willing to pay for it (within reason) is there an istockphoto like service for celebrity photos? I have tried google images and all the results are too small to blow up to anything useable. I'm just trying to see if it's doable before i commit to help a friend.

thanks

Jillbeans

Can't help you find them but I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall at this party.
I do own a life-size cutout of Norm Abrams but can't bear to part with him.
Love....Jill

John L

Can't help you find them but I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall at this party.
I do own a life-size cutout of Norm Abrams but can't bear to part with him.
Love....Jill

One time I mailed in for a "measured drawring" because it was available.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Copyright is an issue

Perhaps, but the probability of fomenting trouble doing a one off for a single event is roughly the same as the pope converting to Judaism.

Do it, not only can you make a couple of bucks, you also have an opportunity to upset the excessively anal who recoil in horror at such a notion. Never pass up a chance to afflict the comfortable.

mikey-Oh

here's a sweet action pic of chuck, for his combat ready jeans. according to various sources on the interwebz, he is 5'10" tall.

i would suggest checking for high-res photos on apimages.com or tmz.com, but high-res cameras did not exist in his prime(sorry walker was a beginning to an end.) hope this helps.

Techman

lets see theam TECHMAN, pout up or shut up ;-}

Since you put it that way,, I will not...again,,
I already have put up several times...

But one of many can be observed at my facebook page..

MikePro

there's a restaurant in Milwaukee, WI that, in the Women's bathroom, there's a life-sized print of a naked Burt Reynolds. But his package is covered with a paddle on a hinge, and when someone tries to move it... an alarm goes off!

JERHEMI

That is some funny stuff! Then when the person comes out are they embarrased and people laugh at them? haha

there's a restaurant in Milwaukee, WI that, in the Women's bathroom, there's a life-sized print of a naked Burt Reynolds. But his package is covered with a paddle on a hinge, and when someone tries to move it... an alarm goes off!

MikePro

That is some funny stuff! Then when the person comes out are they embarrased and people laugh at them? haha

yup! Its called the Safe House, in Milwaukee.
You actually get interrogated otw into the restaurant/bar... video footage plays on the TV screens inside.
If you don't know the password (PM me and I might tell ya), then you have to do ridiculous/embarassing things to gain entry. Everyone at the bar is always grinning at you when you finally make it inside. Great food too. Buncha random quirks to the place, as well, that only more frequenters know about. (sinking bar stools, food travel via model train/vacuum tube, and a museum collection much like HardRockCafe... but spy stuff.

G-Artist

THE NUN AT HOOTERS

A nun, badly needing to use the restroom, walked into a local Hooters.

The place was hopping with music and loud conversation and every once in a while the lights would turn off.

Each time the lights would go out, the place would erupt into cheers. However, when the revelers saw the nun, the room went dead silent.

She walked up to the bartender, and asked, "May I please use the restroom?”

The bartender replied, "OK, but I should warn you that there is a statue of a naked man in there wearing only a fig leaf."

"Well, in that case, I'll just look the other way," said the nun.

So the bartender showed the nun to the back of the restaurant.

After a few minutes, she came back out, and the whole place stopped just long enough to give the nun a loud round of applause!

She went to the bartender and said, "Sir, I don't understand. Why did they applaud for me just because I went to the restroom?"

"Well, now they know you're one of us," said the bartender, "Would you like a drink? It's on the house."

"No, thank you, but, I still don't understand," said the puzzled nun.

"Well, sister," laughed the bartender, "every time someone lifts the fig leaf on that statue in the restroom, the lights go out. While you were in the restroom the lights went on and off 5 times! Now, how about that drink?"